Friday, April 27, 2012

On the Planet of Routine

So I know a few people have been wondering what I've been up to lately, I'll do my best to tell you. School is going well, and I'm really liking our writing curriculum, and art(as usual). I've been doing much better on math, and I think that it helps I've stopped telling myself it's the worst invention in the world. It's nice to have Mama teaching us this year; she's my favorite teacher I've ever had. Everyday life is pretty much the same: School, playing piano, playing guitar, a trip to Lome here, a trip to Accra there, writing books, reading books, writing books some more... It's all very quintessential for an average kid(save for the part where I live in a undeveloped country and am devising a list of the things the government could do to make things better, starting with the roads). I missing friends a lot, but I got to go to our homeschool Co-op in Tamale and met a few new friends, which was really fun. I broke my toe then did a whole choreographed musical on it. Word of advice, don't follow my example. I'm also planning to save up money for a bike, I outgrew mine and it went to Michal(all before I could say 'but') and I could share mom's, but I want my own anyway, besides, if I get one here, it'll be much cheaper. My books are coming well. I finished my second book, the rough rough draft that is, and it's already 200-something pages. It's a feat, and I'm a bit proud of it. I'm also popping out a few short stories, which I might enter in competitions and things. I'm glad I've finally found something I really love to do. My room is finally re-done, and all we're waiting on is curtain rods and a desk, so once we get the curtains up, we'll take pictures and whatnot. I'm just glad to have a room at all anymore. I've also been doing a lot of drawing lately. My dad(who runs a private art store which only we buy things and it's actually all free) gave me some drawing things, and I've really been putting them to use. Not that they're half as good as his paintings, but they're okay to look at. Buster is feeling better too, he's almost completely back to normal, save for the fact that he sleeps a bit more. I think the vitamins and doggy asprin we got him have helped. The Heads have also gotten to Togo just fine, all settled into their house, but still waiting on a truck. The Hangens are also back for a little while. Well, I think that's just about all that's been going on, like I said, it's pretty much everyday life(except for the part where I'm bursting with joy at the fact that we get to go to the beach for a day in Accra!) with a small bit of excitement here and there. Of course I'm missing my family and friends since I just saw them all, but I'm keeping up with them over email and Skype, so I'm okay. Sorry about letting furlough blogging lax. In the entire month of January, we visited like ten states and didn't stay in the same place for hardly three nights... So all I had time to do was tell people about what it's like to live in Africa and sleep(and eat fast food and those self-serve yogurt places... mmm). So anyway, that's pretty much it. I'll try to be blogging more, but don't hold me to it.

No comments: